So you’ve decided to build a new home or remodel your existing kitchen? Let’s take a look at the Kitchens by Carol R. Cherry process.
- Decide what you need. It may be more room, additional storage, or more preparation space.
- Consider how you use your kitchen. Is there more than one cook in the kitchen? Do you need multiple sinks?
- What features fit your lifestyle? Do you need a large pantry? What about a breakfast bar with seating?
- Collect inspiring photos from magazines or from websites online that reflect your style. Please them in a folder or create an online idea book.
- Call or email so we can setup a no obligation consultation in our studio.
- We will review the photos you have collected.
- We will review cabinetry, countertops, flooring and appliance options along with your cooking and entertainment needs.
- We’ll sit down and discuss any architectural or contractor’s drawings
- We will then setup a time to come out to your home to see your existing kitchen and review your ideas.
- We will discuss a design retainer fee.
- We will take measurements and move forward with your design options.
- We will present the concept of your new kitchen or new space
- Floor plan
- Often a 3D computer generated design
- Select door styles, finishes, countertops and appliances
- Ongoing discussion & interaction will continue to refine the design until you are completely satisfied with the features & benefits to the cabinetry layout as well as the feel of the space.
- Once this is achieved, we will provide you with a written proposal.
- Upon acceptance of proposal an agreement outlining terms and conditions will be signed and a deposit paid to begin building your cabinetry.
- We will keep you informed of the anticipated delivery date.
4. Site Preparation
- Approximately one week prior to cabinetry delivery your existing kitchen will be removed.
- Plumbing and electrical rough-ins will take place, typically a day for each.
- Any necessary drywall work will take place at this time.
- Tile or wood flooring will be installed.
- We will provide a written schedule outlining all steps and dates.
- Cabinets will be delivered to your home a day prior to installation.
- Typically cabinetry installation will take between 7 and 14 days.
- Toward the end of the first week your countertops will be templates.
- Once countertops are installed final plumbing along with electrical hook up of appliances and misc touch ups will take place.
- Finally, your backsplash will be installed.
You now have a new kitchen!
With Grateful thanks,